Sailing / Yacht Club
Trent Valley Sailing Club was founded in 1886 and is one of the oldest inland sailing clubs in the Country. It is situated on an island formed by the river Trent and the Cranfleet canal and is reached from Meadow Lane, Long Eaton. The present clubhouse, a well-known land-mark, was built in 1906 and offers changing rooms, showers, bunk rooms and an impressive clubroom and bar. The club is situated on the river Trent at the attractive location of Trent Lock. A resident steward provides catering on sailing days and for social events.