Sailing / Yacht Club
Founded in 1950, the Club has sailed at Whitemere since the first season in 1951. The mere covers 65 acres and, together with two adjacent woodlands it has been designated as a Site of Special Scientific Interest and is part of the Cheshire and Shropshire Meres Ramsar Wetland. Our use of the mere is licensed from the Grosvenor Estate. The club is a company limited by guarantee and is also a registered charity.