Sailing / Yacht Club
The Royal Tay Yacht Club, or RTYC as it is referred to locally, has had its station on the Northern shore of the River Tay at West Ferry Bay, Dundee, Scotland for over one hundred years. The Club itself was founded in 1885 under the name of The Tay Corinthian Sailing Club before becoming The Tay Corinthian Yacht Club in 1887. Four years later, in 1891, the Club again changed its name to The Royal Tay Yacht Club following approval from HM Queen Victoria. Today the RTYC operates from its main clubhouse on Dundee Road, West Ferry and also has properties on the beach area at West Ferry Bay where all the main sailing activities are conducted. The Club also owns covered boat storage close to the harbour at Broughty Ferry, located about 0.5 mile from the main club.
34 Dundee Road