Sailing / Yacht Club
In April 1950 a small band of Lytham pleasure sailors got together to form a sailing club to cater for the large number of local people who had an interest in sailing. A temporary Headquarters was established at the Queens Hotel and the RCC was born. Shortly after this the headquarters moved to a member’s house on East Beach and then to the County Hotel but as the membership approached 50 there needed to be a more permanent home. A short spell in Lytham Windmill ended when damp and structural problems were found and the club was forced back to the member’s house on east Beach.