Sailing / Yacht Club
The Royal Danish Yacht Club (RDYC) was founded on 3 July 1866 after a regatta in Nyborg (Funen), and was originally named the Danish Association for Pleasure Sailing (Dansk Forening for Lystsejlads). Ever since then, the Club has worked to promote sailing in Denmark and to support its members in their favourite sport. The Club rapidly increased its number of memberships, and when it celebrated its 25-year jubilee in 1891, it counted about 900 members, about 1,700 in 1920, but then the Club experienced a decrease in the post-war era. In the period 1930-1958, the number of members remained stable around 1,000, then the number increased again until it peaked in 1983 with about 2,700 members. Today RDYC has about 2,200 members of which many live in the provinces or abroad.
Tuborg Havnepark 15