Sailing / Yacht Club
Thames waterman and river workers founded Greenwich Yacht Club in Greenwich on the 10th March 1908. The Clubhouse was situated for many years on the beach adjacent to the current clubhouse. Originally, it was a beached Thames Sailing Barge “Iverna”, then later a hut on the Mudlarks Way beach. In more recent times we were based in what is now known as the “old clubhouse” at the end of Riverway. That site was required by English Partnerships, as part of the preparation for construction of the Millennium Dome so English Partnerships provided the club with new facilites on the previously redundant Peartree Wharf.
1 Peartree Way