Sailing / Yacht Club
Commodore Louis Tseu
The KINABALU YACHT CLUB was first established on 26th November 1952 under the name of “Jesselton Yacht Club”. With the change of name from Jesselton to Kota Kinabalu in the year 1968, the club was renamed “KINABALU YACHT CLUB”. From its 37 founder members, KYC now has about 700 members. Through the years, the KYC has seen a number of its sailors particularly the under fifteens emerged from its wings to succeed at National level and also represent Malaysia at international regattas.