Sailing / Yacht Club
Erith Yacht Club was formed in 1900. The Royal Corinthinan Yacht Club originally had it’s headquarters at Erith and when it moved to Port Victoria a number of members who were local residents formed the Erith Yacht Club. The Club was very different in it’s early days, reefer jackets, steam yachts and paid hands.. Eventually it moved from Erith Town to the present site wher a sucession of Clubships have served as headquarters. In 1975 on the Seventy Fifth aniversary of the Club a Souvenir Review was produced detailing the history of the Club. It was further enhanced 25 years later as the Club’s Centenary arrived.