Sailing / Yacht Club
Emsworth Slipper Sailing Club is on the eastern side of the millpond at Quay Mill at the bottom of South Street. A club with a strong family tradition, there are approximately 750 adult members and some 200 juniors and there is storage space for around 100 dinghies in the summer and 40 cruisers in the winter. The Emsworth Mud Slippers Sailing Club was officially formed in 1921, although an interest in sailing can be traced back earlier than this, but it was not until 1963 that the club purchased a home of its own in the Anchor, South Street. In 1977, the club purchased the long derelict mill and the members started the huge task of making it into the award winning building and thriving sailing club that it is today.
Quay Mill/South St