Sailing / Yacht Club
Administrator Sharon Skinner
Club Secretary Vanessa Cornwall
General Manager David Harries
Located less than 10 minutes from Perth CBD, the Club has land & water pens, slipway, swing moorings, disabled sailors hoist, ample car parking, restaurant with views across Swan and Canning Rivers to Perth city, three bars, alfresco dining & function centre. The Club has a fully-functional licensed restaurant, with some of Perth's best views overlooking the Swan and Canning Rivers with a clear view of Perth city. The Restaurant caters for lunches and dinners, as well as special functions. Three bars meet the needs of members and their guests, while two outside areas cater for informal al fresco dining and barbecues.
South of Perth Yacht Club was founded on the 18th December 1945 with the official opening of the Clubhouse at Olives Reserve on the 18th November 1946. Frank Sampson was appointed the very first Commodore until 1949. In 1960 the club was relocated to where it now resides at Coffee Point on the western shore of the Canning River.