Sailing / Yacht Club
Faced with an increase in dock fees at Sandusky's Battery Park Marina, a group of sailors decided to organize a protest; the result was the founding of the Sandusky Sailing Club. The first formal meeting was held on Aug. 4, 1932 in Worthy Brown's office at the foot of Meigs Street. Today with an extremely practical yet handsome clubhouse, large dry sail areas for boat storage, four launching cranes, a ramp, a growing marina with electricity and water for the larger yachts, the beautiful protected waters of the Sandusky Bay for one-design racing and the Lake Erie Islands at the front door for the larger boats to race around and cruise to. Sandusky Sailing Club offers its members facilities unmatched in North America. With active Learn to Sail and Junior Racing programs, racing series and cruising activities for all sizes and types of yachts both one-design and offshore, an outstanding and dedicated race committee and a willingness to regularly sponsor national and international sailing events, that the quality of seamanship and fellowship at SSC are of the highest order.
742 E Water St