Sailing / Yacht Club
A small group of gentlemen who, like so many of us, felt this area would be a perfect location for setting up a place where they, their wives and children, could find swimming and boating fun. There was a drawback, of course, since the Government owned the property, and sale or lease would have to be negotiated. So, for the next few years, these gentlemen met from time to time during the period between 1907 and 1914, in their various houses or offices, and sometimes at the Colonial Club meeting hall. Finally, the efforts to lease the property met with a favorable response. As negotiations progressed, the building was remodeled into a clubhouse, with one of the barges serving as the foundation.
127 Brooklyn Ave