Sailing / Yacht Club
The Knickerbocker Yacht Club was founded in 1874 on the Harlem River in Manhattan. It survived several moves, two World Wars, the Great Depression, Hurricane Carol and various internal crises, living on as the second-oldest yacht club on the Long Island Sound. In 1907, the club moved to Port Washington. After 135 years in operation, the club closed it's doors for good in 2009.
433 Main St