Sailing / Yacht Club
A certificate of Incorporation of the Ocean City Yacht Club was approved by Andrew C. Boswell, Master in Chancery of New Jersey on June 27, 1901. The purpose of the club set forth in the Articles of Incorporation, was 'to encourage and promote yachting on Great Egg Harbor Bay and the waters adjacent and to erect, build and maintain a boat house, wharfs, and buildings.' The first clubhouse was located 6th and Bay Ave.
100 Bay Rd