Sailing / Yacht Club
In August 1882, the Minnetonka Yacht Club by-laws and sailing rules were drawn up at Lookout Point. Starting with 25 members, the sailing was social and easy going. Within 5 years, the fleet and membership had more than doubled. The original multi-level clubhouse was built in 1890 on Light House Island, where it burned down in 1943. The replacement clubhouse was built in the place where it stands today.
19800 Minnetonka Blvd