Sailing / Yacht Club
Okoboji Yacht Club has enjoyed a very long history. The first yacht club was organized in 1877. A series of races were held over the next few years, but interest declined by the late 1880's and the club ceased to exist. The turn of the century brought a new interest in sailing, and yachting again came to the top of the sporting list. By 1906, a new yacht club was formed with forty to fifty members. This group took over the dining hall and clubhouse on Pike's Point. The Okoboji Yacht Club became a fashionable spot to gather for dancing, dining, bathing and billiards. Boats of all sizes and varieties were sailed. The first annual meeting of the OYC was held at this clubhouse on August 3, 1908. With the coming of the automobile and lake roads, the club again folded up about 1911.
1900 Manhattan Blvd