Sailing / Yacht Club
Lake Lanier Sailing Club was founded in 1959, shortly after Lake Lanier was filled. The Club first occupied a parcel of land near Holiday Marina where members constructed a launching ramp and boat repair shed. The Club's present location, near Flowery Branch, Georgia, was acquired in 1960, and is located on land which is partly owned by the Club and partly leased from the Army Corp of Engineers. Poverty dictated the Club members and their families clear the land and construct the initial facilities consisting of a boat storage area and ramp.
6206 Commodore Dr